HMRC Tax Account
Having a HMRC online personal tax account is becoming ever more important with new producers requiring you to have one set up such as the reporting of residential property within 30 days of the completion of a sale.
There are other useful things that the account can be used for such as viewing and paying your tax liability, reviewing tax codes and keeping a track on your national insurance credits for state pension.
To set up your account please click here. You will need to scroll down the page until you see the big green ‘continue to your account’ button which will take you to the login page where you will click ‘create sign in details’.
- The first step is to enter your email address and then you will receive a ‘confirmation code’ to your email address which you will need to enter where prompted.
- Next, you will be required to enter your personal details such as name, address, national insurance number and date of birth.
- Once you have done this you will choose a password for your account and the User ID will be sent to your email address – please keep a note of your User ID and password for future use.
- In case you forget your password in the future you can set a ‘recovery word’ to allow you to change it.
- After this a further method of security is required (we choose to use mobile numbers as it is straight forward). If you enter your mobile number you will receive an ‘access code’ to your mobile number and you will be required to enter it where prompted.
Please note that you will also need to hand your passport or latest P60 to enter the details as requested.
Once all of the above has been done your account should be ready.
HMRC Capital Gains Property Account
If you need to register to report a Capital Gain on a property you have disposed of please click here. You will need to scroll down the page until you see the big green ‘start’ button which will take you to the login page:
You will be required to login with your details you have set up as above and then you should receive a Capital Gains Tax property account number. Please can you forward this onto us upon receipt.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any queries or require further assistance.